mardi 17 août 2010

Innah and Nicole's amazing SAN FRANCISCO trip part 1

One day this summer I randomly said to Innah, "man I want to go to California! We should go this summer!!" but I was only half-serious about it, being pretty broke and trying to save up for school. About a week or so later her dad said, well if you want to go you can stay at Innah's uncle's. I was immediately all over the idea and we started looking for cheap tickets and we decided we would stay in San Francisco for a week, at the beginning of August. A few weeks passed and Innah's uncle told us he would be out of town, so we wouldn't be able to stay anymore. At first we were kind of disappointed, thinking we'd have to throw out our plans, but (I forget who got the idea) we decided to look up hostels and stay in the city instead of staying in San Jose at her uncles. This proved to be one of the best changes as it is a 50 mile drive from his house!! We forgot to take photos of the hostel but it was super awesome, almost like staying in a hotel. We got a private room all nights except for one, it was tidy and had a super cool atmosphere, and the building itself was a sight to see.

I really wish we took photos of the interior and our room, it was a pretty cool place.

Other than the flights, everything could not have gone better. Air Canada and United pretty much dropped the ball on us, both ways our flights were delayed. We waited 2 hours in Trueau airport when they told us our fight would arrive 2 hours late, resulting in us missing our connection to SF. Then on the way back our flight was 30 minutes late to leave, and we only had 30 minutes at Vancouver's airport to pick up our luggage, go through customs, then re-check our bags. It was one of the most nerve-racking experiences. We missed our flight back home, and the only one available was an 11:45pm flight. It was just 3:30pm, and I was like HELL NO. We marched around the airport to customer service, and after heckling with the lady at the desk she got us vouchers to stay in a nice hotel in Vancouver. Kind of stressful but a nice extra day for the trip (we got to stay at the Radisson and we ventured downtown for some Japanese food). Going back to our departure, we decided to stay at Innahs and took the flight to SF the next morning. Fortunately it was a direct flight so we got there in 6 hours. Also the fun thing was that we left at 8:20 am and got there at 11:30 their time, so we enjoyed the extra hours of our first day by walking to Union Square (the main area of downtown with the posh stores) and Chinatown, which didn't feel as big as I'd read as it was one street that stretched on for a while, instead of a few interconnected streets. But it didn't disappoint, we got lots of cool photos, visited a few neat stores and ate some delish chinese fare:

One of the cool odds-and-ends stores in Chinatown

I got to see a few sweet graffitis, this one was pretty cool although not the best. I still like the photo anyways.

Innah and I thought this was pretty crazy and awesome!!

The colours of some of the buildings are super crazy, our eyes almost exploded o__o kinda felt like we were in Miyazaki's Spirited Away!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire