lundi 28 novembre 2011

The Mortician: finally finished!


Whew! I've been working like mad at my thesis project, going through a lot of changes and revisiting pieces I submitted, I wasn't satisfied with the level of completion I'd left them at. This is the third piece in my series, and I had two Oscar Wilde quotes in mind when composing this scene: "This suspense is killing me...I hope it lasts" and "I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead". They made me envision a really morbid, dark individual. Also lots of the food in the victorian era were tainted with pollutants and toxins, making a lot of people quite ill.

2 commentaires:

  1. This looks amazing on the computer! Love it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hey Nicole, I'm loving the new style im seeing for lots of your pieces now! This is a great picture, I really like how you did the green on the chair.. it looks great! Hope you are having an awesome school year ;D

    RépondreSupprimer