So I thought I would share my "recipes" (really just throwing things together willy-nilly hehe) for this awesome meal I made today:
Avocado-Sundried Tomato-Red Onion & Pepper Omelette:
-1 small section of avocado (or however much you want!) cut into small slices
A handful each of (& chopped into little bits):
- Red onion (or green onion if you prefer)
- Sundried Tomato
- Red Pepper
- 2 eggs (though today I only used one) whisked in a small bowl
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil or whatever you use to fry stuff (I prefer olive oil, it adds a nice flavour and is healthy in small amounts :D)
1. Crack egg(s) into bowl and add salt and pepper, whisk with fork until well mixed.
First heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan on low-medium. Fry onions until partially cooked and add pepper and sundried tomato (no need to cook the avocado). Remove when just cooked enough to your liking.
You can turn up the heat to medium but watch the veggies as they can burn quickly.
2. Poor the eggs into the fry-pan, wait a few seconds til it starts cooking a bit then sprinkle the ingredients. Flip when underside is done. Serve & enjoy!
Banana Berry Smoothie:
- 1 banana, sliced
- Frozen berries (I use blueberries, cranberries and raspberries but you can buy the mixed berry bags, they are cheaper and have blackberries & strawberries)
- Greek yogurt (or regular; greek yogurt has a bit more fat but is very high in protein so it is filling, you can get lower fat versions)
- Milk (and/or soy/almond milk, I like using the chocolate kind)
- Ground flax flour (optional - this stuff is supposed to help your brain :D)
- Honey (optional)
- Orange juice or whatever juice you like (I usually don't add this to avoid sugar, up to you)
In a small blender or food processor, add: frozen berries, just to cover the bottom, yogurt (about 1 small serving, I'm guessing around 1/3 cup), banana, then fill the rest with milk with juice (or water, this is what I'm using now.) Add a little honey if you have a sweet tooth like me!
Blend until it's smooth, and enjoy :)